Wednesday, December 19, 2012

YOU AND YOUR TONGUE

YOU AND YOUR TONGUE
The story of  a woman who complained to a venerated Puritan minister about the clerical bands she wore with her pulpit gown.Saying that they annoyed her greatly because they were too long,then she asked his permission to shorten them.The aged saint quietly acquiesced and handed her the offending bands.Armed with her scissors,the woman shortened the bands according to her tastes and then handed the fragments back to the minister.Unruffled,he thanked her and said "Now,my good woman,there is something about you that is altogether too long that has annoyed me greatly.And since one turn deserves another,I would like the permission to shorten it"
"Certainly",she said,"you have my permission and here are the scissors"
Whereupon the wise minister said "Very well,madam put out your tongue"
We've all known people,like that woman,whose tongues needed trimming  
Very well,then......... put out your tongue.No,no,no.Relax,I am not suggesting we shorten it with scissors.I just want tom have a look at it.OK,you can put that little beast in its cage behind your teeth now.I'm afraid that the diagnosis isn't good for either you and me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment